Research

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   Next >  Last >> 
  • 17 Jul 2013 9:57 AM
    Message # 1342526
    Gloria J. Farrow (Administrator)
    Post research ideas, issues, questions, and musings here!
  • 18 Sep 2013 8:03 PM
    Reply # 1392818 on 1342526
    Lora Wilson Mau (Administrator)
    The National Dance Education Organization (NDEO) has released the following document:

Evidence: A Report on the Impact of Dance in the K-12 Setting.

Dance/movement therapy is referenced specifically in relationship to at-risk youth and neuroscience.

• 19 Feb 2014 4:13 PM
    Reply # 1501670 on 1342526
    I am looking for participants for my heuristics thesis at Pratt Institute.  Participants will be between 35 and 70 years of age and have at least 5 years experience working with trauma patients.  The majority of the data required will be a recorded interview.  If you have any questions please contact me via e-mail, vzocchia@gmail.com.  Thank you in advanced!
  • 17 Apr 2014 11:51 AM
    Reply # 1539721 on 1342526
    Please see take a look at the very exciting new Cochrane review on DMT and dementia!

Karkou V, Meekums B. Dance movement therapy for dementia. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014, Issue 3. Art. No.: CD011022. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD011022.

You can find it here: 

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD011022/abstract 

Don't know what a Cochrane Review is? Read about it here:

http://www.cochrane.org/cochrane-reviews

• 22 Apr 2014 4:12 PM
    Reply # 1542041 on 1342526

Hello dear colleagues,

I am looking for some research and data that speaks to the issue of group size for

dance/movement therapy groups with people of all ages in acute psychiatric

hospital settings. There is a potential shift to increase the size of our groups and I would like to counter this suggestion with some evidence based material in

support of limiting group size in service of the patient's needs/abilities as well as the different modalities. Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks much,

Jody

Last modified: 22 Apr 2014 4:14 PM | Jody Wager
  • 30 Apr 2014 2:39 AM
    Reply # 1545203 on 1342526
    Anonymous

Dear friends and colleagues,

It is our pleasure to present herewith the digital book that we have edited for the 10th anniversary of our master’s programme in Dance Movement Therapy.

The book is a collection of the key note speeches, master classes, communications, posters and workshops from the conference we celebrated in July 2013 at the Autonomous university of Barcelona, Spain.

The book can be accessed free of charge and is open to all:

Panhofer, H. & Ratés, A. (2014). Encontrar - Compartir – Aprender. Jornadas del 10º aniversario del Máster en Danza Movimiento Terapia. Barcelona: Editorial de la Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. http://ddd.uab.cat/record/117258?ln=en

We are happy being able to present with this book not  only the contributions of internationally recognized professionals such as Dr. Dianne Dulicai (chapter both in English and Spanish), Prof. Thomas Fuchs (chapter both in English and Spanish), Dr. Iris Bräuninger (chapter both in English and Spanish), Dr. Diana Fischman, Dr. Vincenzo Puxeddu and Sue Curtis (chapter both in English and Spanish), but also the work of young professionals in the field of Dance Movement Therapy from our country:  Teresa Bas, Maika Campo, Edwige Charrier, Gloria García, Susana García, Annebijn Jansen, Ella King, Isabella Marín and Alba Betrán, Eduard Martín, María Laura Vilarreal.

Enjoy reading,

Heidrun Panhofer and Assumpta Ratés

Heidrun Panhofer, PhD DMT/DMP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiZRREyJPZU

http://youtu.be/I6sgr0Spt5M  

Coordinadora del Master & Postgrado en

Danza Movimiento Terapia - DMT

Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona UAB

info@en-e-mocion.com

http://pagines.uab.cat/dmt/
  • 04 May 2014 9:32 PM
    Reply # 1546986 on 1342526
    Lora Wilson Mau (Administrator)
    Have you seen the most recently released ADTA Talk featuring Dr. Robyn Flaum Cruz?  Watch Dance/Movement Therapy: Psychodiagnosis, Movement and Neurology on the new ADTA YouTube Channel!

You can learn from Dr. Cruz TWICE this week - once via her ADTA Talk and a second time via the next ADTA Webinar on May 8.

Only THREE days left to register!

Why register for "Quantitative Research, A Brief Review?"

"Feeling comfortable reading and digesting quantitative research reports is difficult for many people. That is because it requires the use of concepts and information that we may not employ in everyday clinical practice settings. Refreshing that content and its associated skills from time to time can help to make it more available, and help you critique and get more out of your professional reading."

What you will learn:

By the end of this webinar, participants will understand the
      - 3 things needed to evaluate the “goodness” of quantitative research studies:
      - The logic of research design
      - How internal and external validity are judged
      - The basics of statistical inference (what does p<.05 mean again?)

Remember - only $25 for ADTA members and only $10 for students! Please share with anyone (including allied professionals) who might benefit from this information.
  • 17 May 2014 6:23 AM
    Reply # 1553990 on 1342526
    I am doing my EdD research on movement expression of group processes in both DMT and verbal personal development group. I am looking for further research on observation using LMA and specifically on the way to select timed observation segments for the analysis.
    Any references would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Anat Eshet Vago
  • 19 May 2014 12:03 AM
    Reply # 1554393 on 1342526
    Final reminder to join us for the NYS-ADTA workshop: How To Become A Published Author today (Monday, May 19th)...walk-in's will be accepted at the door.

How to Become a Published Author -- An evening of discussion with a distinguished panel of journal editors and writers on how to publish your clinical work.

PANELISTS:
    Cathy Appel, MFA, MS, MSW , LCSW-R, LCAT, BC-DMT
    Carol Bischoff, BS, Senior Editor, Springer
    Corinna Brown MA, MS, BC-DMT, LCAT, Certificate in Neo-Reichian Psychotherapy
    Beate Becker, MA, MS, BC-DMT, CMA, LP, LCAT, LMHC
    Dominick Grundy, Ph.D, CGP
    Susan T. Loman, MA, BC-DMT, NCC, Certified KMP Analyst
    Djuna Passman, MS, R-DMT, RYT
    James Regan, MFA

DATE:
    Monday, May 19, 2014 TIME: 6:30 to 8:30 pm

Bellevue Hospital Center, “H” Building, 12TH Floor
    462 First Avenue (between 27th and 28th)
    New York City, NY 10016

TICKETS:
    RSVP by purchasing tickets online no later than May 12th!!!
    *Fees: Members $20 Non-Members $25 Students $15
    *Other inquiries: contact program chair Marie Aguirre: msadance@...

Payment options:
    Go to www.nysadta.org and click on PayPal

*CEUs available through ADTA

• 18 Jun 2014 8:51 PM
    Reply # 1562418 on 1342526
    Gloria J. Farrow (Administrator)

Intuition in Dance/Movement Therapy

Thesis research seeking dance/movement therapists with clinical experience of intuition in DMT

The purpose of this thesis study is to explore the lived experience of intuition in clinical practice in an attempt to open discourse into the conceptualization and language of the elusive phenomenon. Intuition is often referenced as a useful therapeutic tool, yet a large gap exists between the implicit knowing of intuition in practice and the explicit communication of intuition in scholarly literature.  

If you self-identify as being aware of your intuition in DMT, your participation would entail an in-person/skype interview with a short movement improvisation followed by a later email/phone interview to review the findings for accuracy of your experience.  It would take no more than 1 ½ hours and 1 hour respectively. 

My name is Cheryl Olendzki and I am a graduate student at Columbia College Chicago in Dance/Movement Therapy & Counseling.  Please contact me at colendzki@colum.edu if you are interested in this exploration of intuition.  Thank you for your time and consideration.

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   Next >  Last >> 

EMAIL US   |   ADDRESS: 10632 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 108, Columbia, MD 21044

PHONE: 410.997.4040   FAX: 410.997.4048   |  Copyright ADTA 2009-2014 © All Rights Reserved

website by chrishillmedia.com