Research

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   Next >  Last >> 
  • 17 Jul 2013 9:57 AM
    Message # 1342526
    Gloria J. Farrow (Administrator)
    Post research ideas, issues, questions, and musings here!
  • 08 Sep 2013 2:22 PM
    Reply # 1384311 on 1342526

National Institutes of Health invites research proposals!

Dance/movement therapists in a position to apply for NIH-level research funding

may be interested in this RFA. Note that the deadline for the Letter of Intent is very soon!

Health Services and Observational Studies of Non-Pharmacological Approaches to Managing Pain and Co-Morbid Conditions in U.S. Military Personnel, Veterans, and their Families (R01)

Click here for full information:

http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-AT-14-005.html

Summary:

This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) seeks applications proposing Health Services research or Observational studies focused on the use of non-pharmacological approaches to symptom management for pain and associated problems (e.g., post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injury (TBI), substance use disorder (SUD), depression, anxiety, and sleep disturbances) among U.S. military personnel and Veterans. Research related to personnel and Veterans of all branches of the military (e.g., Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, U.S. Military Reserves, National Guard) is of interest. For this FOA, research related to individuals who are serving or have served in Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan), Operation Iraqi Freedom (Iraq), and Operation New Dawn (OEF/OIF/OND) is of special interest due to the public health need to address issues confronting returning troops.

• 18 Sep 2013 8:03 PM
    Reply # 1392818 on 1342526
    The National Dance Education Organization (NDEO) has released the following document:

Evidence: A Report on the Impact of Dance in the K-12 Setting.

Dance/movement therapy is referenced specifically in relationship to at-risk youth and neuroscience.

• 18 Sep 2013 8:11 PM
    Reply # 1392823 on 1342526
    The ADTA supports First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move Campaign and has released a white paper on Dance/Movement Therapy and Obesity in Children and Adolescents. Access the white paper on the home page.
  • 02 Oct 2013 12:26 PM
    Reply # 1403214 on 1342526
    Seeking Dance/Movement Therapists with R-DMT or BC-DMT credentials with OCD-related experience for thesis research 

*only 30 minute time commitment (phone/skype interview)!

My name is Karissa Martens and I am a graduate student in the Dance/Movement Therapy and Counseling MA program at Columbia College Chicago. 

For my graduate thesis research, I am exploring the research question: How is a positive psychology based Dance/Movement Therapy (DMT) approach a viable treatment method for Excoriation (Skin Picking) Disorder (SPD)? SPD is a new disorder listed in the Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders section of the recently published DSM-5 (published May 2013). The diagnostic criteria listed for this disorder are: recurrent skin picking resulting in skin lesions, repeated attempts to decrease or stop picking, skin picking causes clinically significant distress or impairment in important areas of functioning, and is not due to physiological effects of a substance, medical condition, or symptoms of a mental disorder.

As a new disorder, much research is needed to uncover successful therapeutic modalities! The purpose of my thesis research is to gather responses from professionals in the fields of both DMT and SPD, like you, to start the dialogue of how DMT could be a successful treatment method for SPD. The study will be used as a launching pad for further research to possibly investigate the effects of DMT on individuals with SPD. I invite you to participate in my study if you have come across individuals with SPD, or if this study is of interest to you. Please email me if you are interested at karissamartens@gmail.com

• 17 Oct 2013 12:19 PM
    Reply # 1414978 on 1342526
    Anonymous

Dear Practitioners in the Dance/Movement Therapy Community,

I am a Graduate student at Pratt institute looking for research participants. My thesis focuses on how choreography can be used as a tool in Dance/Movement Therapy. I’m seeking professionals in the field who have practiced the use of choreography extensively in their DMT practice, and who are willing to be interviewed about their process of merging the two.  Ideally participants should be practicing for about 10 years.  Participants will assist in expanding the body of knowledge within the DMT community.  Please respond with interest by October 23rd at email address ccoles@pratt.edu with heading Choreography Thesis or call tel# 516-316-0449. Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely,

Celine I. Coles

Pratt Institute

DMT Graduate Student

516-316-0449

• 23 Dec 2013 10:28 AM
    Reply # 1462705 on 1342526
    Gloria J. Farrow (Administrator)

I am looking for a dance/music therapist who might be interested in participating in a research project at the Bronx VA which involves people with Parkinson's disease. At this stage I am applying for funding, and if funded, this would take place probably late 2014-2015. At present I am just looking for letters of collaboration.

Many thanks,

Ruth H. Walker, MB, ChB, PhD

Director, Movement Disorders Clinic,

Department of Neurology,

James J. Peters VAMC,

130 W. Kingsbridge Road,

Bronx, NY 10468

Associate Professor,

Department of Neurology,

Mount Sinai School of Medicine,

New York, NY 10029

Tel. 718-584 9000 x5915 or x1720

Fax 718-741 4708

• 17 Jan 2014 9:51 AM
    Reply # 1477089 on 1342526

Hello everyone!

I work at an inpatient psychiatric hospital that serves children, adolescents, and adults. We have a new superintendent and may be going through some changes. Does anyone have any recommendations for literature around creative arts therapy as part of the treatment milieu and a treatment mall format vs. unit based programming? Thank you for your help!

Warmly,

Laurel Crawford, R-DMT

laurel.crawford@gmail.com

Last modified: 17 Jan 2014 9:52 AM | Laurel Crawford
  • 23 Jan 2014 6:48 AM
    Reply # 1481359 on 1342526
    Hi Laurel,

I suggest that you contact Nalini Prakash or Sheila Stone at St. Elizabeths Hospital in Washington, DC. They have used the treatment mall approach for several years.

Naomi Nim, BC-DMT
  • 23 Jan 2014 6:09 PM
    Reply # 1481817 on 1342526

Thank you, Naomi! I will!

Laurel Crawford, R-DMT

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   Next >  Last >> 

EMAIL US   |   ADDRESS: 10632 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 108, Columbia, MD 21044

PHONE: 410.997.4040   FAX: 410.997.4048   | Copyright ADTA 2014 © All Rights Reserved

website by chrishillmedia.com