For Students

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >> 
  • 11 Sep 2009 2:15 PM
    Message # 217938
    Students are invited to use this area for "special" student discussions.
    Last modified: 11 Sep 2009 2:15 PM | Gloria J. Farrow (Administrator)
  • 12 Feb 2014 11:39 AM
    Reply # 1496578 on 217938
    Regarding graduate psych courses for non-matric student, Walden University online (the only CACREP-accredited online MA Counseling program) allows you to take at least a few courses non-matric (I think it's 3 or 4). Also, many MA Counseling programs (at least in my area East Coast) have CAGS= Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies in counseling programs where you can put together your own selection of courses, up to 4 courses. Many counselors do CAGS to get the additional 12 semester credits to bring their 48-credit Master's up to the 60 credits required by some states. This is recent info so I hope it will be helpful to you.
  • 24 Jun 2014 9:57 AM
    Reply # 3027919 on 217938
    Gloria J. Farrow (Administrator)

Tall Oaks Assisted Living in Reston, VA, is interested in starting a Dance Therapy program run by volunteers and/or interns from ADTA.  Clients are senior citizens who are an average age of 80 and love to listen to music and dance.  Please contact Jocelyn Jackson, Activity Director, at 703 834-3630 or jjackson@talloaksal.com for more information or to set up a session.

• 26 Aug 2014 2:32 PM
    Reply # 3085965 on 217938

Please advise: Does this course meet the ADTA alternate route R-DMT anatomy/biomechanics requirement? It is unclear because biomechanics are part of the course curriculum (as per course description) however the words "kinesiology" or "biomechanics" are not included in the course title.  Thank you for your attention!

ADTA Handbook requirement: "KINESIOLOGY AND/OR HUMAN ANATOMY/KINESIOLOGY (45 HOURS OR 3 CREDITS): KINESIOLOGY MUST BE INCLUDED. ANATOMY BY ITSELF IS INSUFFICIENT. A COURSE IN BIOMECHANICS IS CONSIDERED EQUIVALENT TO A COURSE IN KINESIOLOGY."

COURSE DESCRIPTION: UC BERKELEY EXTENSION GENERAL HUMAN ANATOMY INTEGBI X104 : Examine the correlations between the structures and functions of the body's various systems in this intensive introductory course. Explore the functional anatomy of the human body through gross and microscopic examination. Topics include the cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, nervous and musculoskeletal systems, with an introduction to biomechanical principles. Investigate disease pathologies affecting normal body function. The course is especially useful as an introduction to human anatomy for students interested in the medical profession. http://extension.berkeley.edu/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=41331

Thank you again!  I look forward to your advice.

Sincerely,

Danielle Lottridge

• 12 Sep 2014 10:37 PM
    Reply # 3098536 on 217938

LABAN MOVEMENT ANALYSIS (LMA)
    92 Y, NYC

Nancy Allison, BFA, CMA

This course is designed to introduce students to the basic concepts, vocabulary and techniques of movement analysis developed by Rudolph Laban and his disciples.

Laban Movement Analysis (LMA) is a way of experiencing, observing, and describing movement that includes analyzing the movement’s component parts and synthesizing those parts into a contextually meaningful event. By interweaving subjective and objective modes of perception to arrive at its working vocabulary LMA allows one to discover significant connections between the outer form of movement and the inner intention of the mover. These connections provide insights into personal movement style, and increase awareness of what and how movement communicates. This course is approved by the ADTA for Alternate Route requirements for the R-DMT. It satisfies LMA Intro Requirements for LIMs certification.

Fri, Sept 12 - Jan 16, 1-4 pm, 15 Sessions, 45 hours
    $850

REGISTER at 92Y.org/DanceTherapy
    Or Copy and Paste this link into your browser; http://www.92y.org/Class/Laban-Movement-Analysis-LMA.aspx
    or Call 212.415.5500
    or Visit the 92Y Box Office in person
    1395 Lexington Avenue at 92nd Street, New York, NY 10128

• 25 Sep 2014 3:15 PM
    Reply # 3109445 on 217938

I  have a student who is looking for a DMT or DMT student who is using "hip-hop" in his/her work.  If you use this dance technique or know someone who does, please contact me at nancycrystals@gmail.com

Thanks so much!

Peace,

Nancy Koprak,MA,BC-DMT,LCAT 

• 19 Oct 2014 1:32 PM
    Reply # 3127161 on 217938

Would appreciate information regarding affordable liability insurance that has met the needs of students doing on site internships who are not otherwise covered., both in as well as outside the US. Please send info you have

Thanks so much

Susan Kleinman

• 13 Nov 2014 2:42 PM
    Reply # 3149905 on 217938

Volunteer opportunities for R-DMT students to gain experience working with older folks with Alzheimers, Dementia, and other cognitive disorders. This residential

facility is located in Dixon, CA-about 30 minutes south of Sacramento,CA.

They are desperate for volunteers in the area of movement therapy for their

residents. A great way for Alternate Route students to gain community hours

and/or experience facilitating groups. If interested please contact Laura, Activities

Director at 707-678-1651. www.solanolifehouse.org

Thanks!

Mary Groves Rossi MS, R-DMT

• 25 Nov 2014 1:07 PM
    Reply # 3157890 on 217938

Hello!

I would love a recommendation for a general Group Process course for my Alternate Route requirements. (Notes: This course was not included in my applied psychology graduate degree. I've already taken the 'Group Process in DMT' course.)  I've approached universities in my area (SFSU, CIIS) and their Group Process courses are only open to non-matriculated students.

Can anyone recommend an online Group Process course?  Thank you!

Danielle Lottridge

• 26 Nov 2014 7:34 AM
    Reply # 3158374 on 217938

Dear Daniel,

You may find a class of group psychotherapy or group process in  the department of Counseling or  school of Social work.  I do not know exactly where you are located but California State University East Bay may have it.

Good luck,

Anat Ziv, MSc, BC-DMT, LPC, LCAT, NCC

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >> 

EMAIL US   |   ADDRESS: 10632 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 108, Columbia, MD 21044

PHONE: 410.997.4040   FAX: 410.997.4048   |  Copyright ADTA 2009-2014 © All Rights Reserved

website by chrishillmedia.com