Public Advocacy

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >> 
  • 11 Sep 2009 2:16 PM
    Message # 217940
    Use this area for government affairs discussions or announcements.
    Last modified: 11 Sep 2009 2:16 PM | Gloria J. Farrow (Administrator)
  • 29 Jul 2013 10:06 PM
    Reply # 1354172 on 217940
    U.S. Conference of Mayors Adopt Resolutions Supporting Creative Arts Therapies
    At their annual meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada, June 21 to 24, 2013, the U.S. Conference of Mayors adopted resolutions supporting Creative Arts Therapies in two different resolutions: Arts and Healing (Resolution 6), andArts & Health in the Military(Resolution 84). Both resolutions were presented by Mitch Landrieu, Mayor of New Orleans, and were adopted by the entire group gathered. Quoting from the resolutions:The United States Conference of Mayors acknowledges the benefits of incorporating creative arts therapies into all forms of health care as a method to improve the quality and experience of health care delivery and to lower costs” and regarding the military, “urges Congress to designate funding to Department of Defense, TRICARE, and Veterans Affairs for Demonstration Projects for veterans and active military, increasing access to cost-effective creative arts services in healthcare treatment and programming for all military service men and women, veterans, their families and caregivers, in communities across the country.” For excerpts of the full report go tohttp://www.nccata.org/
    This update provided to member associations by the National Coalition of Creative Arts Therapies Associations (NCCATA).
    ADTA members are encouraged to check the participant list for the Conference of Mayors, at http://usmayors.org/81stAnnualMeeting/PreRegisteredMayorsPhotos.asp
    If your mayor attended, please consider contacting him or her to say "thank you" for the resolutions reported above! If you do so, please let us know by contacting a member of the ADTA Government Affairs Committee, your Member at Large, or any member of the ADTA Board of Directors. Thank you!
    Sherry Goodill, President, ADTA  7/29/13

• 18 Dec 2013 12:55 PM
    Reply # 1460488 on 217940

Season's greetings ADTA community.  This is just a reminder to use this forum for any government affairs questions, announcements, or discussion.  The Government Affairs Committee looks forward to serving your needs!

Happy holidays and be well.

Allison

• 19 Dec 2013 3:00 AM
    Reply # 1460846 on 217940
    Anonymous
    Alison, thanks so much for your work with the VA. It's terrific to open up those job lines, and It's good to have an inside perspective with the government, especially in your GAC role!
    Cheers!
    Meg 
  • 15 Jan 2014 2:45 PM
    Reply # 1475735 on 217940

The CALPCC (The California Association for Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors) is hosting their inaugural conference in Los Angeles in April and is seeking presenters.

It would be fantastic for DMTs to present and increase our professional visibility within the organization and with fellow LPCCs.

Below is information from the announcement, followed by a link to the website itself. If you present at the conference, please notify me so that I might promote via PR.

Please consider presenting.  DMTs need to remain visible within the CALPCC community.

From the website:

Who should attend? CALPCC members, counselor educators, interns, students, and anyone interested in the emerging counseling profession in California. This conference is open to all; CALPCC members will receive a discounted registration fee.

The conference also features educational, roundtable, and poster sessions. If you are interested in presenting a workshop and sharing your knowledge with your colleagues, click here to access the workshop proposal form. All proposal forms (with a separate resume or CV) are due by February 3, 2014 to be considered; presenters will be notified beginning February 17, 2014. See all details on the proposal form.

Look for more information, including registration fee, online registration, volunteer opportunities for students, and workshop session descriptions, coming soon!

Please note that CALPCC will offer a second conference in Northern California in the fall of 2014. For our members in the north, look for announcements about this event coming soon!

Here's the link:
    http://calpcc.org/events

• 29 Jan 2014 6:22 PM
    Reply # 1486245 on 217940

Hi all.  I am reaching out to see if there are any DMT's that are currently working with veterans or military.  The ADTA is trying to get a better sense of how we are serving this particular population.  Please contact me with any info or questions.  Thanks!

Allison

• 15 Apr 2014 1:48 AM
    Reply # 1537916 on 217940

The voting season is upon us.  Please do remember to take the time to vote for your ADTA leaders.  Your voice is important!

Sincerely,

Allison

Your Government Affairs Chair

Last modified: 15 Apr 2014 1:50 AM | Allison Winters
  • 15 Apr 2014 11:57 AM
    Reply # 1538104 on 217940

Hi everyone.  I have been approached by an employer that is interested in establishing dance/movement therapy position descriptions for their organization.  If anyone is able to share their position description, it would be really helpful.  You can contact me individually if you are able to assist in this process.  Thank you!

Allison

GAC Chair

afwinters@msn.com

• 01 May 2014 12:34 PM
    Reply # 1545930 on 217940

Hi everyone.  Your government affairs chair here again.  Just a reminder that I am in need of DMT position descriptions. If you have one that you are able to share with me, please send it via emal as soon as you are able.  My email address is listed below.  Thanks so much for your help!

Allison

afwinters@msn.com

• 05 May 2014 6:43 PM
    Reply # 1549005 on 217940

For your info.  Spread the word. Children's mental health needs you!

http://www.greenribbonadvocates.com/Celebrate-NCMHAD-2012.html

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >> 

EMAIL US   |   ADDRESS: 10632 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 108, Columbia, MD 21044

PHONE: 410.997.4040   FAX: 410.997.4048   | Copyright ADTA 2009

website by chrishillmedia.com