Professional Practice Issues and Questions

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   ...   Next >  Last >> 
  • 23 Jan 2016 1:25 PM
    Reply # 3777168 on 225322
    Hello, Are there any DMTs in the West Chester, New York area who specialize in working with children? A friend of a friend is looking for DMT for her 4 year old daughter who is undiagnosed with possible neurological issues, possible Autism Spectrum Diagnosis. Someone located in or near the Bronx may be another possibility for her.  Please let me know if you or anyone you know offers group or individual sessions so I can make a referral. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Very Best,

Jacelyn

jacelynbiondo@gmail.com

Last modified: 23 Jan 2016 1:26 PM | Jacelyn Biondo
  • 08 Dec 2015 6:00 PM
    Reply # 3688680 on 225322

If you are a graduate of the Goucher program in the earlier years, I'd say between the 60's and 80's and you are on FB, please take a look at the 4 photos that I posted on December 7 and let us know if you can identify any of the dmts or dmt students.

• 09 Sep 2015 8:52 AM
    Reply # 3517218 on 3512567
    Jennifer Knapp wrote:I am new to the forum so I apologize if these questions have been asked.

1) I am a LPC and an R-DMT in Toledo, OH and I work for a local mental health agency in the area. They were excited to bring a DMT on board. However, now they want me to have have clients sign a waiver or liability form for the use of movement. Has anyone else run into this? If so, do you have a liability waiver that clients sign when using movement? Is one that you created as an individual therapist or do we have one created by the ADTA? I do the verbal waiver, but they want documentation. The agency has a form, but it is for movement that is used for exercise in their wellness center and I am not using movement for exercise, but for therapy.

Thank you!

Jennifer

LPC, R-DMT

Holland, OH

This is an interesting question that I have not come across before but has actually crossed the back of my mind, since it is very common when teaching dance or movement (yoga, fitness, etc.) to have a waiver and since we do ask people to do physical movement which is not an assumed aspect of therapy.  I think it might make sense for you to take the one they have for exercise and modify it to your own situation. 
  • 09 Sep 2015 8:30 AM
    Reply # 3517149 on 3512567
    Jennifer

Here is another Ohio resource for eating disorders. They are an extension of Denver-based Eating Recovery Center who opened up this Ohio center in January.

http://erc-ohio.com/programs/

• 09 Sep 2015 7:51 AM
    Reply # 3517074 on 225322

Dear Christine, 

Thank you so much! This is very helpful!  

Sincerely,

Jennifer Knapp

• 08 Sep 2015 12:41 PM
    Reply # 3515879 on 225322

Hi,

Regarding Eating Disorder clinics in Ohio;  River Centre offers Residential for adolescents, Partial Hospital and Intensive Day Treatment levels of care.  I believe they also provide outpatient therapy or at least would be a good referral site as they provide evaluations. They provide therapy for the other mental health issues you mentioned as well.  I'm not affiliated with them, but worked at a partial hospital program in New York that was based on their research model.  Here is the contact information: 

The River Centre Clinic

5465  Main Street
    Sylvania, Ohio, 43560
    Phone: 419-885-8800
    Toll Free: 1-877
    -212-5457
    Fax: 419-885-8600 info@river-centre.org
    Web: www.river-centre.org

Sincerely,

Christine Matteson

BC-ADTR, LCAT, LMHC

Last modified: 08 Sep 2015 12:42 PM | Christine Matteson
  • 06 Sep 2015 9:21 AM
    Reply # 3512567 on 225322
    I am new to the forum so I apologize if these questions have been asked.

1) I am a LPC and an R-DMT in Toledo, OH and I work for a local mental health agency in the area. They were excited to bring a DMT on board. However, now they want me to have have clients sign a waiver or liability form for the use of movement. Has anyone else run into this? If so, do you have a liability waiver that clients sign when using movement? Is one that you created as an individual therapist or do we have one created by the ADTA? I do the verbal waiver, but they want documentation. The agency has a form, but it is for movement that is used for exercise in their wellness center and I am not using movement for exercise, but for therapy.

2) I have a family friend who's daughter tried to commit suicide recently. She is 14 years old and has an eating disorder as well as dealing with a lot of grief and loss in the past few years. I was wondering if anyone could give referrals for outpatient and/or inpatient treatment close to the Toledo area or in general. The family may be willing to travel.

Thank you!

Jennifer

LPC, R-DMT

Holland, OH

• 27 Aug 2015 12:58 AM
    Reply # 3497960 on 225322

I would also be very interested in an online kinesiology course! If anybody has information on this, I would highly appreciate it. Thanks! Ulli

• 26 Aug 2015 6:11 PM
    Reply # 3497655 on 225322

Dance movement therapist alternate route student in urgent need of online kinesiology course. I live in West Palm Beach, FL. My name is Alexia and my number is 561-989-4307. My email is: alithia.sets.you.free@gmail.com

Please call  or write me ASAP if you have knowledge of an online course or a school in the South FL area that might take a non matriculating student for a kinesiology class

• 17 Aug 2015 7:55 AM
    Reply # 3483806 on 225322

Meredith Schalick is looking for a BC-DMT or an adaptive dance class in the Philadelphia/southern New Jersey area for her 4 year old daughter with a rare neuromuscular disorder called alternating Hemiplegia of childhood or ahc. Emilia loves to dance but cannot yet walk or stand independently. If you can help out, please contact her directly. mschalick@aol.com

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   ...   Next >  Last >> 

EMAIL US   |   ADDRESS: 10632 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 108, Columbia, MD 21044

PHONE: 410.997.4040   FAX: 410.997.4048   |  Copyright ADTA 2009-2015 © All Rights Reserved

website by chrishillmedia.com