Professional Practice Issues and Questions

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next >  Last >> 
  • 01 Oct 2009 2:31 PM
    Message # 225322
    Post professional practice issues, questions, and musings here!
    Last modified: 01 Oct 2009 2:31 PM | Robyn Flaum Cruz
  • 13 Nov 2013 12:08 PM
    Reply # 1437370 on 225322

Insurance billing codes for dance/movement therapy.

I am wondering if any of us in private practice have had success with a particular set of billing codes for insurance.  In my recent research, I am finding that dance therapy is listed under the CPT code of G0176 Activity Therapies, including music, dance, art, and play, not for recreation.  Any thoughts feedback/experiences would be very much appreciated!!  Thanks for your time!

Sandra Beggs BC-DMT

• 14 Nov 2013 11:59 AM
    Reply # 1438360 on 1437370
    Sandra Beggs wrote:

Insurance billing codes for dance/movement therapy.

I am wondering if any of us in private practice have had success with a particular set of billing codes for insurance.  In my recent research, I am finding that dance therapy is listed under the CPT code of G0176 Activity Therapies, including music, dance, art, and play, not for recreation.  Any thoughts feedback/experiences would be very much appreciated!!  Thanks for your time!

Sandra Beggs BC-DMT

Sandra:

I have been using CPT psychotherapy codes that are based on the length of the session. For example, a 45-minute session is billed as 90834. The rationale for this is based on the fact that my work with individuals is psychotherapy, not activities therapy (which I have done professionally in the past), and is integrated with other psychotherapy techniques such as cognitive and psychodynamic therapy.

Luanne Sberna, LCMHC LADC BC-DMT
  • 18 Nov 2013 11:41 PM
    Reply # 1441292 on 225322
    I am looking for a placement in the Sacramento/East Bay area or Nevada County/Yuba County area for a dance/movement therapist to gain hours for my certification. I am licensed as a MFT and I am willing to volunteer my time in order to get the clinical field experience with a BC-DMT.  I am also needing clinical hours for my Psy D in clinical Somatic Psychology and would like a setting that treats Children if possible or  working with Seniors with physical or cognitive disabilities.  Please email me at chartocchi@gmail.com (or call 530 432-2984) if you have any information regarding any Psychiatric training placements for a Somatic Psychologist or a Dance/movement Therapist.
  • 24 Nov 2013 3:01 PM
    Reply # 1445185 on 1441292
    Charline Tocchi wrote:

I am looking for a placement in the Sacramento/East Bay area or Nevada County/Yuba County area for a dance/movement therapist to gain hours for my certification. I am licensed as a MFT and I am willing to volunteer my time in order to get the clinical field experience with a BC-DMT.  I am also needing clinical hours for my Psy D in clinical Somatic Psychology and would like a setting that treats Children if possible or  working with Seniors with physical or cognitive disabilities.  Please email me at chartocchi@gmail.com (or call 530 432-2984) if you have any information regarding any Psychiatric training placements for a Somatic Psychologist or a Dance/movement Th

Hi Charline:  I am not sure if you are suggesting you would use volunteer hours towards your BC-DMT but, if so, you may want to check with the DMTCB about this.  I believe only paid clinical hours count toward certification. 

• 09 Dec 2013 4:27 PM
    Reply # 1454883 on 225322
    I have recently begun providing early intervention services for children under 3 years old and their caregivers.  The focus of my position is socio-emotional development.  If anyone has recommendations of movement based resources to help assist the work I do with the families, I would really appreciate it.  Thank you for your time. Blessings, Lisa Troisi
  • 21 Dec 2013 9:55 AM
    Reply # 1462172 on 225322
    I was recently approached by someone looking for a supported dance class or dance therapy group for a 5 year old girl with musculoskeletal defects of her legs.  This little girl really wants to dance.  Does anyone have any resources or know of any groups that I can direct her to in the Philadelphia area? Thanks so much. 
    Last modified: 21 Dec 2013 9:55 AM | Jacelyn Biondo
  • 06 Jan 2014 7:44 PM
    Reply # 1469078 on 225322
    I currently work with children who are challenged by Autism Disorder. Some of them are presenting with aggressive behaviors like pulling hair, biting etc. I have difficulties building a therapeutic, trustful relationship with those clients since I am sincerely scared to get bit. Does anybody have experience with clients, who bite or feel threatening in other ways?
  • 11 Jan 2014 4:23 PM
    Reply # 1472875 on 225322
    I remember a while back hearing about someone who knew of a source for taps that one could attach to shoes. I am looking for something that would be easy to attach to shoes for a DMT group I lead for older adults who are mostly sitting.  Anyone remember any info about a source?  Thanks!
  • 12 Jan 2014 4:34 AM
    Reply # 1473067 on 1472875
    Pamela Faith Lerman wrote:I remember a while back hearing about someone who knew of a source for taps that one could attach to shoes. I am looking for something that would be easy to attach to shoes for a DMT group I lead for older adults who are mostly sitting.  Anyone remember any info about a source?  Thanks!
    Discount Dance Supply has Capezio teletone taps as well as a more inexpensive brand called Danshuz. discountdance dot com

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next >  Last >> 

EMAIL US   |   ADDRESS: 10632 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 108, Columbia, MD 21044

PHONE: 410.997.4040   FAX: 410.997.4048   |  Copyright ADTA 2009-2014 © All Rights Reserved

website by chrishillmedia.com