Professional Practice Issues and Questions

<< First  < Prev   ...   2   3   4   5   6   Next >  Last >> 
  • 02 Feb 2015 10:25 AM
    Reply # 3215783 on 225322

Dear Dance/Movement Therapy professional (credentialed R- and BC-DMTs), 

I humbly request your participation in a Master's Thesis research project, in survey format. Please see below for further details and information on informed consent. You are welcome to return the form to the researcher at kdb5678@gmail.com (with your e-mail address in the provided spaces), yet - as the form implies - your participation in the survey implies your consent.

The link to the survey is https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TKPPXGQ

29 Everett St., Cambridge, MA 02138
    Masters Research Informed Consent 

You are invited to participate in the research project titled “Investigating the Rationale for Dance/Movement Therapy with Veterans”. The intent of this research study is to explore whether or not Dance/Movement Therapy may offer more clinical effectiveness in the area of veterans and active duty personnel’s treatment than the practice is currently offering – given the natures of veterans’ common treatment concerns as well as proven clinical efficacy in this treatment realm of related disciplines such as Yoga/Yoga Therapy and other creative arts therapies. 

Your participation will entail completing the electronically enclosed survey. Your participation in the survey will imply your consent. The Survey Monkey survey will remain open until February 10th, 2015. In addition, as a courtesy to participants as well as an additional validity measure, the researcher will send all participants an outline of findings as well as general themes that she has concluded from them. You will be welcome to review the data collected and provide additional information as needed. 

Please include your email in the space below, and return this form to the researcher, if you wish to be contacted with the results. 

In addition: 
    • You have been contacted as a potential participant in this study because of your status as an R-DMT or BC-DMT. There may be questions on the survey which you may not feel well-informed enough on to comment. In those case(s), you may choose “Neutral/No Comment”. 
    • You are free to choose not to participate in the research and to discontinue your participation in the research at any time.
    • Identifying details will be kept confidential by the researcher. In addition, only the researcher will have access to the data collected. 
    • Your questions will be answered at any time and you are free to consult with anyone (i.e., friend, family) about your decision to participate in the research and/or to discontinue your participation.
    • Participation in this research poses minimal risk to the participants. The probability and magnitude of harm or discomfort anticipated in the research are no greater in and of themselves than those ordinarily encountered in daily life.
    • If any problem in connection to the research arises, you can contact the researcher Kathryn Boland at 401-864-1557 or by email at kboland@lesley.edu or Lesley University sponsoring faculty Dr. Nisha Sajnani at nsajnani@lesley.edu or (617)349-8689. 
    • The researcher may present the outcomes of this study for academic purposes (i.e., articles, teaching, conference presentations, supervision etc.)

My agreement to participate has been given of my own free will and that I understand all of the stated above. In addition, I understand that my participation in this survey implies consent and that I may retain a copy of this consent form. 

Email (Optional) _________________________________________________ 

Thank you and best, 

Kathryn Boland, E-RYT 500 
    Lesley Candidate MA Expressive Therapies: Dance/Movement 
    Therapy 2015 
    LU Graduate Peer Tutor in Writing 
    NICE Daycare Intern 2014-2015 
    Kdb5678@gmail.com

• 02 Feb 2015 7:35 PM
    Reply # 3216263 on 225322
    Lora Wilson Mau (Administrator)

SAMHSA is looking for your comments on the new draft criteria to certify community behavioral health clinics. Visit http://bit.ly/comment223 to provide your feedback.

• 04 Feb 2015 6:25 PM
    Reply # 3217986 on 225322

Dear DMT professionals, 
    Just a reminder on this study, as the survey closes on February 10th (next Tuesday). If you would like to contribute your views on the topic, please take the survey before that date. Thank you and best!

Request for participation in a Master's Thesis - Investigating the Rationale for Dance/Movement Therapy with Veterans

Kathryn B.
    Clinical Dance/Movement Therapy Intern at N.I.C.E. Daycare
    Top Contributor
    Dear Dance/Movement Therapy professional (credentialed R- and BC-DMTs),

I humbly request your participation in a Master's Thesis research project, in survey format. Please see below for further details and information on informed consent. You are welcome to return the form to the researcher at kdb5678@gmail.com (with your e-mail address in the provided spaces), yet - as the form implies - your participation in the survey implies your consent.

The link to the survey is https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TKPPXGQ.

29 Everett St., Cambridge, MA 02138
    Masters Research Informed Consent

You are invited to participate in the research project titled “Investigating the Rationale for Dance/Movement Therapy with Veterans”. The intent of this research study is to explore whether or not Dance/Movement Therapy may offer more clinical effectiveness in the area of veterans and active duty personnel’s treatment than the practice is currently offering – given the natures of veterans’ common treatment concerns as well as proven clinical efficacy in this treatment realm of related disciplines such as Yoga/Yoga Therapy and other creative arts therapies.

Your participation will entail completing the electronically enclosed survey. Your participation in the survey will imply your consent. The Survey Monkey survey will remain open until February 10th, 2015. In addition, as a courtesy to participants as well as an additional validity measure, the researcher will send all participants an outline of findings as well as general themes that she has concluded from them. You will be welcome to review the data collected and provide additional information as needed.
    Please include your email in the space below, and return this form to the researcher, if you wish to be contacted with the results. 

In addition: 
    • You have been contacted as a potential participant in this study because of your status as an R-DMT or BC-DMT. There may be questions on the survey which you may not feel well-informed enough on to comment. In those case(s), you may choose “Neutral/No Comment”. 
    • You are free to choose not to participate in the research and to discontinue your participation in the research at any time.
    • Identifying details will be kept confidential by the researcher. In addition, only the researcher will have access to the data collected. 
    • Your questions will be answered at any time and you are free to consult with anyone (i.e., friend, family) about your decision to participate in the research and/or to discontinue your participation.
    • Participation in this research poses minimal risk to the participants. The probability and magnitude of harm or discomfort anticipated in the research are no greater in and of themselves than those ordinarily encountered in daily life.
    • If any problem in connection to the research arises, you can contact the researcher Kathryn Boland at 401-864-1557 or by email at kboland@lesley.edu or Lesley University sponsoring faculty Dr. Nisha Sajnani at nsajnani@lesley.edu or (617)349-8689. 
    • The researcher may present the outcomes of this study for academic purposes (i.e., articles, teaching, conference presentations, supervision etc.)

My agreement to participate has been given of my own free will and that I understand all of the stated above. In addition, I understand that my participation in this survey implies consent and that I may retain a copy of this consent form.
    Email (Optional) _________________________________________________
    Thank you and best,
    Kathryn Boland, E-RYT 500 
    Lesley Candidate MA Expressive Therapies: Dance/Movement 
    Therapy 2015 
    LU Graduate Peer Tutor in Writing 
    NICE Daycare Intern 2014-2015 
    kdb5678@gmail.com

Web survey powered by SurveyMonkey.com. Create your own online survey now with SurveyMonkey's expert certified FREE templates.
    SURVEYMONKEY.COM

• 05 Feb 2015 6:51 PM
    Reply # 3218791 on 225322

http://renfrewcenter.com/events/webinar-for-professionals-power-creativity-treatment-eating-disorders

Webinar for Professionals

The Power of Creativity in the Treatment of Eating Disorders: A Conversation
    Presented by: Susan Kleinman, MA, BC-DMT, NCC, CEDS &
    Rebecca Berman, LCSW-C, CEDS, MLSP

Wednesday, May 13, 2015
    Noon - 1:00pm EST

In a departure from Renfrew’s usual PowerPoint format, this webinar will feature an in-depth conversation between Susan Kleinman, a seasoned dance/movement/therapist and Rebecca Berman, a clinically trained social worker on the art of incorporating creative and innovative techniques into the therapeutic process. These techniques are useful for enhancing engagement with the client’s authentic self and creating and sustaining an active, collaborative relationship for growth. Attendees will learn skills for implementing techniques derived from many concepts that underlie creative arts therapies.

• 21 Feb 2015 11:03 AM
    Reply # 3231430 on 225322

Hi, I have a University student who is interested in working with orphans.  We have been looking for DMT writing specific to this topic.  Does anyone know of any?  Please respond to my email, rbkornbl@wisc.edu.  Thanks a lot.  Rena Kornblum

<< First  < Prev   ...   2   3   4   5   6   Next >  Last >> 

EMAIL US   |   ADDRESS: 10632 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 108, Columbia, MD 21044

PHONE: 410.997.4040   FAX: 410.997.4048   |  Copyright ADTA 2009-2015 © All Rights Reserved

website by chrishillmedia.com