Professional Practice Issues and Questions

<< First  < Prev   ...   2   3   4   5   6   Next >  Last >> 
  • 07 Apr 2014 6:52 AM
    Reply # 1532739 on 225322

looking for BC-DMT in Toronto to work with young woman with an eating disorder when she returns home from treatment.

Pt is very insightful and is a dancer.

Please email me w/ contact info if you are interes

• 21 May 2014 11:50 AM
    Reply # 1555653 on 1375282
    Pamela Faith Lerman wrote:Hello,

Is anyone aware of a DVD of Trudi Schoop's "Come Dance with Me", and how one might purchase it?

Thanks,

Pamela Faith Lerman, M.Ed., BC-DMT, LCAT, LMHC

Hi, Pamela. Did you ever find a copy of "Come Dance with Me?" I am also trying to locate a copy. 
  • 23 May 2014 12:31 AM
    Reply # 1556315 on 1555653
    Jacelyn Biondo wrote:
    Pamela Faith Lerman wrote:Hello,

Is anyone aware of a DVD of Trudi Schoop's "Come Dance with Me", and how one might purchase it?

Thanks,

Pamela Faith Lerman, M.Ed., BC-DMT, LCAT, LMHC

Hi, Pamela. Did you ever find a copy of "Come Dance with Me?" I am also trying to locate a copy. 

Hi Pamela and Jacelyn,

When Trudi Schoop was in her early 80s, she continued to practice and teach dance movement therapy, mainly in Switzerland and Southern California.   Claudia Willke made two deeply moving, award winning films about Trudi's life and work.  Come and dance with me is a splendid  66 minute film (via video or DVD) of Trudi's work with chronic psychiatric patients in a hospital with a spacious dance studio in Northern Switzerland.   Conquest of emptiness is a beautiful 45 minute film that draws from 3 sources: 1) black & white archival films of Trudi, her childhood and the years when she toured the world with her comic ballet;  color film of her work with colleagues, students and patients at Munsterlingen (hospital); and color film of Trudi in conversation with Claudia Willke speaking about dance therapy.  Trudi's beloved dogs are there, as well as  other animals in the garden of her home in Van Nuys (Southern California).   Information about both films is posted on the Willkefilms website, perhaps still including brief extracts and ordering information for the video cassettes (in PAL or other format), and more recently via DVD.
    Go to:
    http://www.willkefilm.de

If you want the DVD with English subtitles), click "English." Or, if you have questions about what format you need to play the video cassette or DVD, click CONTACT and it will take you to Claudia Willke's email address.  

All best,

Joan Chodorow, BC-DMT

• 24 May 2014 8:36 AM
    Reply # 1556769 on 225322
    Looking for practitioners to refer a family to in the Philadelphia area.  Therapist must be well versed in abandonment issues, maternal bonding, child attachment, work with children and/or families, and if possible have a background or awareness of birth psychology.  
    Please email me directly if you fit this description.
    Many thanks,
    Ellynne Skove LCAT, BC-DMT, NCC, RPP, E-RYT
    e2bklyn@mindspring.com
  • 04 Jun 2014 3:57 PM
    Reply # 1560192 on 225322

looking for BC-DMT in Medford Oregon area who has experience in working with individuals with eating disorders & trauma

Please contact me directly at skdmt2@bellsouth.net

Thanks

• 26 Jun 2014 7:57 PM
    Reply # 3032585 on 225322

Trying to help woman  with an eating  dsorder who  lives in downtown Seattle.   She can drive 10 to 12 miles or so out of town (over the lake to Bellevue, WA for example. She wants a dmt but  has little money and would also need to see someone in the evening.

She could also use info regarding support groups for eating disorders in this area.

Please respond back directly to me at skdmt2@bellsouth.net, Seattle so I can let her know what is/is not available in your area

• 02 Jul 2014 8:42 AM
    Reply # 3036417 on 225322

This is an invitation to those of you who provide dance to people with dementia to join a network.

I envision this network as a resource for keeping each other up-to-date on the latest happenings, resources, articles, links and events related to dance and dementia within the U.S. that any of us find most useful. It is my hope that we will use this network to inspire one another, thus improving the quality of life for people living with a dementia. This is a small network at present.

I would like to better understand the state of the art of dancing with people with dementia in the U.S., whether done by dance/movement therapists, dance educators, or dancers. I would like to know how many strong we are and what we are actually doing. Again, my hope is that as we begin to share our resources, that we can also share our dreams for better advocacy and our dreams for greater support, i.e. through workshops, training, conferences and research opportunities.

Since I began to work with older adults with neurological impairments in the early 1980's, I have come to believe that ALL older adults and especially those with dementia in care facilities, are best served by being offered the opportunity to dance and/or move expressively on a regular basis, preferably daily. I also believe that best practice for people with advanced dementia who can no longer use verbal language would involve at least 1 person on care staff who comes from an embodied perspective.

My model for this network comes from Dr. Richard Coaten who has both a UK and international networks. Here is his contact info: Dr Richard Coaten <richardcoaten@hotmail.co.uk> .

What I need to know from you at this moment is:

Do you want your email addresses public to one another?
    If not, do you know of another way, other than email, that we can create an interest group? LinkedIn would be one potential way.
    Are you willing to send and receive emails directly from one another?

What do you need and want relative to your interest in dancing with people with dementia? What are you willing to share?

Thanks to all. May you have a most joyous July 4th celebration.

Best wishes,
    Donna

Donna Newman-Bluestein, MEd, BC-DMT, CMA, LMHC
    Dance/Movement Therapist
    Octaband LLC
    www.octaband.com
    Dance for Connection
    www.dancetherapymusings.com
    Senior Lecturer, Lesley University

<< First  < Prev   ...   2   3   4   5   6   Next >  Last >> 

EMAIL US   |   ADDRESS: 10632 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 108, Columbia, MD 21044

PHONE: 410.997.4040   FAX: 410.997.4048   | Copyright ADTA 2014 © All Rights Reserved

website by chrishillmedia.com