Professional Practice Issues and Questions

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next >  Last >> 
  • 09 Oct 2014 8:47 AM
    Reply # 3120309 on 225322

I would love to take the ASD webinar as well..but can't because i will be at another conference.. So, it would be lovely if there was a way it could be recorded and watched later.. for credits too.. (or at least a plan to do this in the future).. 

• 13 Oct 2014 10:38 AM
    Reply # 3122326 on 225322

On the ADTA Webinar offerings--

Dear Connor, Dawn Ann, Barbara and others,

Thank you  for expressing your needs around the scheduling of the Webinars. We are thrilled that so many people have been able to enjoy them so far, and want to make them as available as possible to all of our members (in all time zones and with all work schedules!). We are actually in progress already with plans to make the 
    ​webinars
    that have been given 'live' available afterwards for web-based viewing (with CEs). When that web-interface technology is up and running, the webinars will be accessible at any time day or night, and we will make sure to announce it widely when that is ready. 

Warmly, 

Sherry  G.
  • 14 Oct 2014 2:45 AM
    Reply # 3123020 on 225322

Thanks Sharon,

I would like to throw in another detail since I am also affected by this. I have registered for one webinar and wanted to pay online but this doesn't work either. I live in Hong Kong and have a German credit card with which I pay everything else (and it works). 

Could you maybe look into this as well since you are updating the system.

Thanking you in advance,

Ulli

• 14 Oct 2014 9:29 AM
    Reply # 3123523 on 3123020
    Gloria J. Farrow (Administrator)
    Ulli Stuebbe wrote:

Thanks Sharon,

I would like to throw in another detail since I am also affected by this. I have registered for one webinar and wanted to pay online but this doesn't work either. I live in Hong Kong and have a German credit card with which I pay everything else (and it works). 

Could you maybe look into this as well since you are updating the system.

Thanking you in advance,

Ulli

Ulli, unfortunately sometimes some of the International credit cards are not accepted but most are. You can either email me Gloria@adta.org or call the office and we can process it over the phone 410-997-4040. I hope this helps and look forward to you attending the webinar.

Gloria

• 14 Oct 2014 8:36 PM
    Reply # 3124178 on 3103209
    Barbara Nordstrom-Loeb wrote:

This is a shout out for folks in NYC- A student of mine just started the grad. Social Work program at Fordham U. Her excitement from learning about DMT has led her to start a 'Creative Arts-based Social Work' group at Fordham. She was asking about local DMTs who might be available for lectures or workshops.. I dont know if there is money involved, but she is really interested and excited by this area of work. I would love some names and contact info for NYC-DMTs I could share with her. thanks 

Hi Barbara,

I think Laurel would be a great choice for a lecture or workshop. Feel free to have her email me as well at nysadtaprchair@gmail.com as I am the PR chair for the NY chapter. I live right by Fordham as well so I am occasionally on campus and would be happy to help support her in any way I can.

Jackie

• 14 Oct 2014 8:39 PM
    Reply # 3124181 on 3109443
    Nancy Koprak wrote:

I have a student who is looking for a DMT who uses "hip-hop" in his/her work.  If you use this dance form or know any DMT who does, please contact me: nancycrystals@gmail.com.

Thanks so much!

Nancy Koprak,MA,BC-DMT,LCAT 

Hi Nancy,

If I recall correctly, I believe Erin Holmes has worked with integrating hip hop into her work. I would suggest having your student reach out to her. I sent her your student's contact info in the event she does not regularly check these forums.

Jackie

• 14 Oct 2014 9:40 PM
    Reply # 3124207 on 225322

Has anyone working in a hospital setting dealt with infection control challenging the use of DMT props (i.e. scarves, Co-OperBlanket, Elastablast, sensory balls, etc.)? I am looking at writing up a protocol for the use/maintenance of all DMT props and would appreciate any feedback and/or ideas aside from the obvious (reminders to wash hands after handling props, laundering props) to help support the use of these materials in groups.

Jackie

• 16 Oct 2014 3:25 PM
    Reply # 3125556 on 225322

Hi Jackie,

A couple of things that I have done is use paper streamers and throw them away after each session.  I also have used small bottles of bubbles and given them to the patients after the session, as to not reuse them.  

• 19 Oct 2014 1:31 PM
    Reply # 3127159 on 225322

Would appreciate information regarding affordable liability insurance that has met the needs of students doing on site internships who are not otherwise covered. Please send info you have

Thanks so much

Susan Kleinman

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next >  Last >> 

EMAIL US   |   ADDRESS: 10632 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 108, Columbia, MD 21044

PHONE: 410.997.4040   FAX: 410.997.4048   |  Copyright ADTA 2009-2014 © All Rights Reserved

website by chrishillmedia.com