Professional Practice Issues and Questions

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next >  Last >> 
  • 14 Oct 2014 8:39 PM
    Reply # 3124181 on 3109443
    Nancy Koprak wrote:

I have a student who is looking for a DMT who uses "hip-hop" in his/her work.  If you use this dance form or know any DMT who does, please contact me: nancycrystals@gmail.com.

Thanks so much!

Nancy Koprak,MA,BC-DMT,LCAT 

Hi Nancy,

If I recall correctly, I believe Erin Holmes has worked with integrating hip hop into her work. I would suggest having your student reach out to her. I sent her your student's contact info in the event she does not regularly check these forums.

Jackie

• 14 Oct 2014 9:40 PM
    Reply # 3124207 on 225322

Has anyone working in a hospital setting dealt with infection control challenging the use of DMT props (i.e. scarves, Co-OperBlanket, Elastablast, sensory balls, etc.)? I am looking at writing up a protocol for the use/maintenance of all DMT props and would appreciate any feedback and/or ideas aside from the obvious (reminders to wash hands after handling props, laundering props) to help support the use of these materials in groups.

Jackie

• 16 Oct 2014 3:25 PM
    Reply # 3125556 on 225322

Hi Jackie,

A couple of things that I have done is use paper streamers and throw them away after each session.  I also have used small bottles of bubbles and given them to the patients after the session, as to not reuse them.  

• 19 Oct 2014 1:31 PM
    Reply # 3127159 on 225322

Would appreciate information regarding affordable liability insurance that has met the needs of students doing on site internships who are not otherwise covered. Please send info you have

Thanks so much

Susan Kleinman

• 22 Oct 2014 9:53 AM
    Reply # 3131171 on 225322

I have recently been asked to supervise an Alternate Route DMT student throughout her entire DMT degree process and have a few questions:

1-Is there an existing syllabus or do I have to create my own? 

2-What is the going rate for supervision for this type of work. I believe it is a lot of hours as I would act as her professor throughout all of her coursework.

Anything I need to know about this process would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance:)

Yael Lawrence  

• 23 Oct 2014 2:51 PM
    Reply # 3132412 on 225322

HI Yael, there are a number of resources now available for anyone connected with Alternate Route. First, there is a newly revised handbook that spells out the AR requirements for students quite clearly. They (and you) should start there. Also, the ADTA website has a separate AR section (Education and Training in DMT<Alternate Route< Educators or Students) with relevant information including some FAQs, a time line, listing of courses etc.

In addition there is a new subcommittee (Alternate Route Educators Subcommittee or ARES, but we serve both educators and students). You can email the chair of ARES (me/Barbara) with your questions and we will respond as quickly as we are able.

In response to your questions, there is no one syllabus. The course credit requirements are listed in the handbook. Courses can be taken in several different ways, however any independent course (e.g. if you will be teaching her) MUST be pre-approved by the Subcommittee for the Approval of Alternate Route Courses (SAARC). The contact information is also in the same section of the website listed above (for educators). You student can also take courses that are already being offered (and have already been approved).

• 26 Nov 2014 11:29 PM
    Reply # 3158861 on 225322

Hello dear colleagues,

I am looking for some scholarly articles that provide evidence based support for dance/movement therapy with adolescents in short term psychiatric hospitals. 

A little history ... the hospital where I work as director of expressive therapy, is in the middle of redesigning/restructuring our in-patient adolescent program. The expressive therapies have long been a part of this program. We offer art therapy, dance therapy, music therapy, recreational therapy and yoga. I have been asked to provide materials to support the benefits of our approaches.

I welcome any and all suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Jody Wager

• 16 Dec 2014 9:05 AM
    Reply # 3171024 on 225322

Dear Colleagues,

I am interested in finding out about dance/movement therapists who are currently enrolled in PhD Programs of any sort. If this is you, can you please send me email at robyncruz@comcast.net? If this is a colleague of yours can you please pass my request on to him or her? Happy Holidays! Robyn

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next >  Last >> 

EMAIL US   |   ADDRESS: 10632 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 108, Columbia, MD 21044

PHONE: 410.997.4040   FAX: 410.997.4048   |  Copyright ADTA 2009-2014 © All Rights Reserved

website by chrishillmedia.com