Professional Practice Issues and Questions

<< First  < Prev   ...   2   3   4   5   6   Next >  Last >> 
  • 23 Oct 2014 2:51 PM
    Reply # 3132412 on 225322

HI Yael, there are a number of resources now available for anyone connected with Alternate Route. First, there is a newly revised handbook that spells out the AR requirements for students quite clearly. They (and you) should start there. Also, the ADTA website has a separate AR section (Education and Training in DMT<Alternate Route< Educators or Students) with relevant information including some FAQs, a time line, listing of courses etc.

In addition there is a new subcommittee (Alternate Route Educators Subcommittee or ARES, but we serve both educators and students). You can email the chair of ARES (me/Barbara) with your questions and we will respond as quickly as we are able.

In response to your questions, there is no one syllabus. The course credit requirements are listed in the handbook. Courses can be taken in several different ways, however any independent course (e.g. if you will be teaching her) MUST be pre-approved by the Subcommittee for the Approval of Alternate Route Courses (SAARC). The contact information is also in the same section of the website listed above (for educators). You student can also take courses that are already being offered (and have already been approved).

• 26 Nov 2014 11:29 PM
    Reply # 3158861 on 225322

Hello dear colleagues,

I am looking for some scholarly articles that provide evidence based support for dance/movement therapy with adolescents in short term psychiatric hospitals. 

A little history ... the hospital where I work as director of expressive therapy, is in the middle of redesigning/restructuring our in-patient adolescent program. The expressive therapies have long been a part of this program. We offer art therapy, dance therapy, music therapy, recreational therapy and yoga. I have been asked to provide materials to support the benefits of our approaches.

I welcome any and all suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Jody Wager

<< First  < Prev   ...   2   3   4   5   6   Next >  Last >> 

EMAIL US   |   ADDRESS: 10632 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 108, Columbia, MD 21044

PHONE: 410.997.4040   FAX: 410.997.4048   |  Copyright ADTA 2009-2014 © All Rights Reserved

website by chrishillmedia.com